Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lady with no Baby but a Husband, a Dog and a Kitten

Anna was driving me to the hospital with baby Christopher Angel in my arms looking up at me with the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. Big. Brown. I melt. He smelled so beautiful, he was perfect...he giggled and said "Mamah". Apparently I needed urgent medical attention.  Anna was driving like a maniac....cutting through parks and driving up steps - yes, steps!  But I was ok.  The world was chaos around me, overtaking cars and fast traffic in a big city.  Rush, rush, rush, Emergency! But I had the most beautiful baby in my arms smiling up at me and he was mine.... all mine......until I woke up.

 It was all a dream.  There is no Christopher Angel.  There was no emergency.  Anna wasn't driving like a maniac.  Here I am. Just me.  A lady with no baby lying next to my husband at 6:00 in the morning.  "There is no baby." I thought to myself.  "No baby.  Husband, dog, but no baby". 

My oh my! This lady has a baby on the brain. For the time being, a kitten must suffice. That being said, the sweet melody of one of my favourite comedy characters come to mind:

Soft kitty.
Warm kitty.
Little ball of fur.
Happy kitty.
Sleepy kitty.
Purr, purr, purr.


No comments:

Post a Comment